Monday, April 9, 2012

Being self employed and flying by the seat of my pants makes blogging a difficult proposition. Not to put too fine a point on it I like to be paid but unfortunately, like any English major, I think I have something to say. Sitting in the store these winter afternoons I find myself cursing when the door opens as I become involved in my busy work or book keeping and find the customers a nuisance. My mind wanders and I don't like my train of though to be derailed by some twacking bayman with yet another stupid question. I love everyone who shops in my store but find my attitude needs adjusting this time of year. I need the energy I get from a full store and a bustling street. I need the confidence that a few days of great sales brings to this tenuous life. I know there are others like me out there, fiercely self employed retailers who by mid April doubt every decision they have ever make and honestly believe they are going to starve to death: it's the price of gas, an airline strike, a ferry strike, a civil service strike, fox news, something that will scare people into staying home. But they come every year. I can't wait to believe again. I have decided I need this blog as therapy, even if I am just a voice in the cyber wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment